As we are all experiencing COVID-19, Jessica’s House would request that you call Jessica’s House before coming to visit. We will be screening visitors to keep our residents and staff safe.
A residential Hospice
A "Home away from Home" for end-of-Life Care
A three bed residential hospice with 24/7 nursing care.
At Jessica's House we are able to provide one-on-one support as well as group support
Support Jessica's House!
Residential Hospice is a home like environment where adults and children with life-threatening illnesses receive end-of-life services. A residential hospice provides individuals who cannot be cared for in the home with compassionate care and comfort in the last stages of their life. Jessica’s House is a three bed residential hospice located in Exeter, Ontario. We support residents from all over southwestern Ontario. To be admitted to Jessica’s House a referral must be completed by a health care provider. Please go to www.southwesthealthline.ca and search Jessica’s House. If you or your loved one would like a tour of Jessica’s House please call 519-235-0941
What is Bereavement?
“Bereavement is the state of loss when someone close to an individual has dies. The death of a loved one is one of the greatest sorrows that can occur in one’s life. People’s response to grief will vary depending upon the circumstances of the death, but grief is a normal, healthy response to loss. Feelings of bereavement can also accompany other losses, such as decline of one’s health or the health of a close other, or the end of an important relationship.”
Psychology Today, 2020
- Jessica’s House offers 1:1 professional bereavement support services to individuals and families who have experienced the death of a loved one
- Volunteer lead bereavement support groups are also offered throughout the year
- Annual “Hope for the Holidays” Christmas bereavement workshop helps to offer strategies to support individuals and families who are grieving the death of a loved one
- There is no cost for any bereavemennt support programs
- For more information contact Kim Winbow